- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): Bioptigen Envisu SD-OCT equipment for anterior and posterior segment imaging in zebrafish, mouse, rat, rabbit and large animals.
- Confocal scanning laser ophtalmoscopy (cSLO) and fluorescein angiography (FA): Heidelberg Spectralis FA-HRA system, including fluorescein angiography and indocyanine green angiography modules, for imaging from mouse till men.
- Topical Endoscopic Fundus Imaging (TEFI): high resolution in vivo color photograph of the rodent retina, including peripheral retina and ciliary body
Functional and Behavioural Phenotyping
- Electrophysiology: Diagnosys Espion set-up dedicated to mice, equipped for recording of flash ERG, scotopic threshold response (STR) and photopic negative response (PhNR), as well as visual evoked potentials.
- Extensive software packages and hardware set-ups to assess multiple visual thresholds behaviourally, including visual acuity and contrast sensitivity (Optomotor virtual reality set-up), color, spatial and temporal frequency, orientation, contrast, motion and shape discrimination (dry Y-maze), circadian rhythm and visual cliff test.
- IOP measurement to test the effect of IOP-lowering drugs
- Histological assessment, biochemical characterisation (e.g. ELISA, qPCR, etc.)